Thursday, December 18, 2014

USF Night In Tokyo Fashion Show

I didn't quite make anything here, but I modeled for the first time (I so happened to be blind as well), and what a wonderful experience that made *half sarcasm* ;)
I was a part of a group that did the Japanese Folktale "Night Parade of a 100 Demons" and was the demon "Tenome"... some might know him from Pan's Labyrinth, I personally haven't watched the movie, but (now) I do know a demon that was like this:


Inspired by that, the group leader and I brought together this look to walk down the runway with the rest of the demon parade.
Chains, blood, fishnet, and holes.. while having extreme teased hair, a burned up wedding dress, layers of gauze over my eyes (I literally couldn't see more than two steps ahead of me, it's a wonder clumsy me didn't fall off the runway in high heels) and bloody/painted hands where I couldn't touch anything for hours (meaning I couldn't pee)! But it was definitely a fun filled night full of nerves and amazing looking people.
 
 
If you're ever around University of South Florida, come check out the Japanese Club and see if we have any events going on, they're always fun filled and quite interesting! (no, we don't all speak Japanese nor are we all Asian)
 
But here's a few more pics from this memorable night :)
He was the Night Parade's stylist, creative and wonderful to be costume designer
 

She was also one of the demons
This was a sun goddess, I was her stylist: bringing together the outfit, hair, and make up choices

Also had a lolita section (Alice in wonderland inspired)






No comments:

Post a Comment